Monday, August 29, 2011

Soundtrack To Your Daily Life (Part One In A Series)

The Damned, 1977: "Wot? Scrapin' yer bristles to our noise?!  Ya daft cunt!"
I've long felt the best drugs are straight black coffee and rock 'n' roll. Honestly, both are cheaper than that nasty mess you kids are buying on the street. And they work far better for fuel for your daily endeavors, too. So, as a public service, I thought I'd begin a series of soundtrack suggestions for your daily activities. You'll be thanking me later....

Kickstarting your brain and drinking black coffee: Motorhead "Leaving Here" 45 or Johnny Burnette Rock 'n' Roll Trio
Morning men's rituals: The Damned - Damned Damned Damned LP (especially Side Two, with "New Rose" and "So Messed Up")
Cleaning house: UK Subs - Endangered Species LP
Writing a blog post: D.O.A. - "Rent A Riot"

Okay, now enjoy your day! More suggestions to come. (And maybe you have a few of your own? Leave 'em in comments here.)

1 comment:

  1. When I was a scruff in my early twenties I religiously used Bad Habits by the Monks as my primping and getting dressed soundtrack on Friday nights before hitting the bars.I could not do any worse with the ladies than the guys they sang about did.

    ReplyDelete