Friday, September 13, 2013

9/12/13 "RADIO NAPALM: THIS IS RADIO CLASH" Special


Irregulars, I know I've been lax in posting the radio show here in the blog, of late. Actually, I've just been lax about the blog, but that's another story.
BUT...before I digress too far up my own backside and start reminiscing about shoveling snow in Denver or some crud, let's put this thing back on rails.
Yesterday was my 48th birthday. Among the presents I received (including two new pairs of hi-tops, which I've been needing, and a new pair of black skinny chinos) was the new Clash box set out on Sony/Legacy as of Tuesday the 10th, Sound Syustem. Mick Jones himself lovingly remastered the back catalog, making it sound more 3D than it has since the original vinyl records were issued, then assembled it onto high quality facsimile CDs, alongside a triple-disc of non-LP 45s, B-sides, early demos and live material and a DVD of archival footage. Paul Simonon then equally lovingly assembled a beautiful package to house the disc that's itself a work of art: He filled a fliptop box based around his old Clash-era boombox with facsimile tour badges, stickers, dogtags, three issues of the old Armagideon Times fanzine (including a specially assembled new edition), even a blank book for you to fill titled The Future Is Unwritten (to get quite Joe Strummer about it).
That new Clash box was handed to me by my editor at The Austin Chronicle not only as an early birthday present, but with the express instruction to write a 300 word review and an expanded blog. You will see those next week. But this is such musical gold, why not assemble a radio birthday celebration of one of my favorite bands around Sound System's treasures?
That I did, working around the clock after posting another new "RADIO NAPALM" this past Monday. And I didn't stop with Sound System: I assembled a Clash audio collage for 90+ minutes, filling the gaps out of my own vast archives with vintage interviews with Joe, Mick and Paul, plus some exciting unreleased live material. This is an assault of prime Clashness for your ears.
Enjoy my birthday gift to you: "RADIO NAPALM": This Is Radio Clash, streaming for your punk rock pleasure at Mixcloud. The link is below, just above the playlist. Click it, open your speakers wide and everybody smash up your seats and rock to this brand-new beat! This here music mash up the nation! This here music cause a sensation! Tell your ma, tell your pa: Everything gonna be alright....


Capital Radio One (live, "So It Goes" UK Granada TV, Manchester, 11/15/77)
Janie Jones (Sound System remaster)
Pressure Drop (Sound System remaster)
Garageland (live, "So It Goes" UK Granada TV, Manchester, 11/15/77)
White Riot (45 version, Sound System remaster)
Complete Control (Sound System remaster)
White Man In Hammersmith Palais (Sound System remaster)
Safe European Home (Sound System remaster)
Tommy Gun (live UK TV Appearance, 1978)
I Fought The Law (Sound System remaster)
Groovy Times (Sound System remaster)
London Calling (Sound System remaster)
Clampdown (Sound System remaster)
The Guns Of Brixton (Sound System remaster)
Train In Vain (Sound System remaster)
Bankrobber (Sound System remaster)
Police On My Back (Sound System remaster)
One More Time (Sound System remaster)
Know Your Rights (Sound System remaster)
Straight To Hell (from "Saturday Night Live")
1977 (live in Cardiff, Wales, 1977)

No comments:

Post a Comment